MASON x HUNT 4 Season Disc Rim
The ‘Hunt’ for a lightweight, adaptable, year-round road disc rim
27 DEEP | 24 WIDE Ext | 19 Wide Int | 455G
Whilst working with Dom Mason to spec his Mason Cycles, we realized that the specification and weights of the few available road disc wheels were not ideal for a performance bike that would be used in all weather conditions. We knew we could use our links with suppliers to ‘Hunt’ for improvements in every detail. We enlisted our love for performance bike parts, applied our industry experience and set about creating Hunt Bike Wheels. A lightweight, durable four-season disc wheelset was one of our first projects, the outcome was our superb Mason x Hunt 4 Season Disc wheelset which is now available as a rim only.
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and lightweight HFR+ (High Fatigue Resistance) 6061-T6 heat treated alloy welded rim features an asymmetric shape which is inverted from front to rear to provide balanced higher spoke tensions meaning your spokes stay tight for the long term. The rim profile is true disc specific which allows higher-strength to weight as no re-enforcement is required for a braking surface, it also looks stunning. The rim dimensions are semi-aero at 27mm deep and wide at 24mm (19mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider 25-45mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Tubeless rim tape offered separately.
- HFR+ (High Fatigue Resistance) 6061-T6 heat treated alloy.
- Asymmetric to balance spoke tensions
- Disc-specific tubeless-ready profile
- 24mm outer and 19mm inner width ideal for 23-45mm tyre widths
- 27mm depth
- Matt black anodized finish with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 100psi when used with 25-28mm tyres. Maximum tyre pressures for other tyre sizes: 30mm - 32mm do not exceed 70psi, 33mm do not exceed 50psi, 35-45mm do not exceed 45psi, 45-50mm do not exceed 40psi. 100 psi is more than enough for any rider on road.
- The maximum pressure of your tyre may be lower than the maximum pressure for the rim - never exceed the maximum pressure written on the side of your tyre
- Suitable for tyres from 23mm up to 50mm wide.
- Offset 3mm
- ERD 582.5mm
- Front - Cross 2
- Rear - Cross 2
- Recommended spoke tension
- Front Wheel- 115-130 kgf
- Rear Wheel- 110-125 kgf